Location: Milton Keynes (with some travel to London)
Accounting Technician/Book keeper
Are you a self-starter with a pleasing and positive “can – do” attitude? Do you see the glass as half full as opposed to half empty?
If so, come and work with us! We are one of the UK’s leading digital cloud based Chartered Accountants based in Milton Keynes and London. We offer our clients a technology focused cloud accounting and finance solution. We’re fun to work with and our clients tell us we’re the best there is.
We have some amazing, fast growth, high octane driven clients and great staff and we’re looking for best of the best to help them become more successful which in turn will benefit you.
Based at our Milton Keynes office, the role is primarily book keeping and accounting based along with office administration duties. Candidates may also be given the opportunity to work on statutory accounts and other types of accounting work.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
- AAT qualified or qualified by experience /other professional UK or Internationally recognised accounting qualification
- Minimum 5 years book keeping experience and familiarity with Xero / Quickbooks / other cloud-based accounting software
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable experience
- Ability to multi task and handle pressures of deadlines and prioritisation skills
- GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths and English at Grade B or above. You will not be considered if your grades are below this.
- A level (or equivalent) minimum of 20 points
- A university degree desirable but not essential
- Strong practical knowledge of MS office including good Excel and MS Word application
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Accuracy/attention to detail essential
- Strong written and verbal communication skills coupled with a pleasing telephone manner and the ability to communicate clearly
- Proactive and a self-starter
- Ability to pick up new systems quickly
- A background of working in an office-based environment would be an advantage, but not a requirement
- Highly organised with high energy levels
- Enjoy meeting new clients and helping them to achieve goals and aspirations
- Drive to achieve and passion to deliver top quality work
- Excellent interpersonal skills, listening and empathy for the SME sector
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Competitive or dependent on experience with a good bonus scheme, study support, the usual bank holiday, 23 days holiday and 1 day each quarter for community / charity involvement of your choice.